Registration is available in person at check-in at BSC.
Eligibility: This regatta is open to all sailing craft with all entries separated into 3 divisions following the first two races. Awards will be presented to the top
Eligibility: This regatta is open to all sailing craft with all entries separated into 3 divisions following the first two races. Awards will be presented to the top 3 places in the 3 final divisions.
Organizing Authority: This regatta is organized under the authority of the Birmingham Sailing Club and will be sailed under the management of its race committee.
Rules: This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) except as these may be modified by this Notice of Race, the Sailing Instructions, and any amendments thereto. Single-handing will be allowed, but otherwise Class Rules shall apply. See Sailing Instructions provided at registration will have more details.
Races & Scoring: Three races are planned – with two on Saturday and one on Sunday. Two races will constitute a regatta. Race 1 will be by One Design or Open Fleet, with separate Starts, in an around-the-buoys race course. Race 1 scoring for One Design Fleets will be a Low Point System normalized to a 10 boat count fleet. The Race 1 Open Fleet and Races 2 and 3 scoring will be Portsmouth Handicap. Courses to be sailed will be described in the Sailing Instructions or Competitors Meeting. Race 2 will be a Long Distance Race of moderate length with a single Start for all entries Race 3 will be a Portsmouth Handicap, Low Point Scored race around-the-buoys with separate Starts for each of the final 3 divisions.
Registration & Fees: Registration is available in person at check-in at BSC. Each Skipper must report to the Birmingham Sailing Club between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM, Saturday, March 9 to register. Registration Fee is $25 per boat (Jrs free), meals and beverages are all-inclusive for skipper and their crew for the weekend. Extra meals may be purchased at Registration.
SATURDAY, 9 March
• 10:00 to 11:00 AM Registration and Check-in
• 11:30 AM Competitors Meeting
• 12:30 PM Warning Signal for first race. Followed by Break to set and describe Race 2 course.
• 2:30 PM Approx. time for Race 2 Warning Signal.
• Attitude Adjustment as soon as possible Saturday Race 2 with refreshments and appetizers
• 6:30 PM Burger Cookout and Split-the-Regatta into Gold, Silver, Bronze Divisions
SUNDAY, 10 March
• 11:30 AM Warning Signal for Race 3 Gold Division, Silver and Bronze to follow.
• 1:00 PM Lunch will be served
• 2:00 PM Awards will be presented after lunch is served