06oct(oct 6)12:30 pm07(oct 7)5:00 pmFeaturedGreat Scot Regatta12:30 pm - 5:00 pm (7) Race Committee: PRO:Robert Blythe RC:William North,Catherine Ryals,Andrew deRussy,Chris Kelly,Christopher Nix,Frank Chitwood,Matt Sheffield
2018 Great Scot Regatta NOR.doc Organizing Authority: This regatta is organized under the authority of the Birmingham Sailing Club and will be sailed under the management
Organizing Authority: This regatta is organized under the authority of the Birmingham Sailing Club and will be sailed under the management of its race committee.
Rules: This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) except as these may be modified by this Notice of Race, the Flying Scot Class Rules, the Sailing Instructions, and any amendments thereto. The Low-Point Scoring System will be used to score the regatta, except that there will be no throw-outs. See Sailing Instructions for more detail. Sailing instructions will be provided at registration.
Eligibility: This regatta is open to all Flying Scot sailboats. Championship and Challenger Fleets will be scored, all sailing on the same Start. Awards will be presented to the top FIVE finishers in both fleets.
Races: Five races are planned – with three on Saturday and two on Sunday. If time, wind, and racing conditions permit, more races may be run on either day, and thus more than five races may be held. One race constitutes a regatta. Courses to be sailed will be described in the Sailing Instructions.
Registration & Fees: Registration is available by mail, online, or in person at BSC. Early registration is highly encouraged for meal preparations. Each Skipper must report to the Birmingham Sailing Club between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM, Saturday, October 6 to register and/or complete registration. Registration Fee is $90 per boat ($100 after Sep. 28th (unless pre-registered), meals and beverages all-inclusive for skipper and their crew for the weekend. Extra meals may be purchased at Registration. Registration must be completed by 11:00 AM on Saturday, October 6, unless other arrangements have been made.
PRO:Robert Blythe RC:William North,Catherine Ryals,Andrew deRussy,Chris Kelly,Christopher Nix,Frank Chitwood,Matt Sheffield
FRIDAY, 5 October
• 1:00 PM BSC club facilities will be open
• 5:30 PM Complimentary Beer & Burgers at the BSC Clubhouse
SATURDAY, 6 October
• 9:00 to 11:00 AM Registration and Check-in
• 11:30 AM Competitors Meeting (Lunch to follow)
• 1:00 PM Warning signal for first race. More races to follow
• Attitude Adjustment as soon as possible after final Saturday race with refreshments and appetizers
• 6:30 PM Dinner (Fried Catfish and Cajun Style Chicken by “Top O’ the River”)
• Entertainment provided by Jim ‘Dawg’ Parks
• Door Prizes and Raffle Drawing (Over 10+ prizes to raffle-away! Checks and Cash are acceptable!)
SUNDAY, 7 October
• 8:15 AM Complimentary Breakfast & Coffee
• 9:30 AM Warning signal for first race. More races to follow
• No warning signal for an additional race will be made after 12:00 PM
• 12:30 PM Lunch will be served
• The Awards will be presented after lunch is served